We understand how important it is to have expert advice on all aspects of the lettings process and we combine this with a commitment to customer service.
From appraising your property to finding the right tenant our professional and enthusiastic team work hard to make sure that we deliver the level of service we believe you deserve. Once we have found the tenant our team can manage your property ensuring we are looking after your best interests at all times.
Our relationships with our clients are based on honesty and trust and we appreciate the importance of looking after your property.
The first step is to arrange a rental assessment. We will also advise on changes which may make your property more attractive to potential tenants. Once we find a potential tenant our referencing procedure helps to ensure that they are the right tenant for your property.
In addition to setting up the tenancy, Chaffers Estate Agents can also offer full management of your property. This includes:
- Receiving rent and preparing landlords statements.
- Sending out standard reminder letters if rents are not received on time.
- Paying outgoings such as contractor and supplier invoices.
- Dealing with day-to-day management matters including repairs.
- Arranging for the annual Gas Safety Check to be made by a Gas Safe registered engineer, at additional cost to you.
- Arranging for an Electrical Safety Test of all appliances, plugs, sockets and wiring, at additional cost to you.
- Arranging for the Property to be professionally cleaned prior to the commencement of the tenancy, at additional cost to you.
- Inspecting the property after the first month and periodically thereafter.
Chaffers Estate Agents will
- Arrange for an Energy Performance Certificate to be prepared where necessary, at additional cost to you – if you use our assessor, free floor plans will be included.
- Market the property on www.chaffersestateagents.co.uk and all major property websites
- Advertise in the local Blackmore Vale Magazine.
- Accompany prospective tenants to view the property where appropriate.
- Erect a To Let Board at the property (unless you advise otherwise).
- Prepare an Inventory.
- Negotiate offers received for the Property, submit offers received to you and then conclude terms to be granted in the Tenancy Agreement.
- Take up references through Van Mildert referencing agency.
- Van Mildert will also offer you a Rent Guarantee Policy.
- Arrange preparation of draft Tenancy Agreement and submit to you and prospective Tenant.
- Collect the initial rent and deposit to be held in the Deposit Protection Service.
- Account to you as appropriate after completion of the letting
- (To include marketing, carrying out viewings, property inspections and final check outs)
- Full property management – 15%
(ie. 12.5% + VAT) of each months’ rent (a minimum charge of £60 is payable – £50 + VAT)
- Tenant find only – 90%
(ie. 75% + VAT) of the first months’ rent (a minimum charge of £420 is payable – £350+ VAT)
- New Tenancy Agreement – £180 (ie. £150 + VAT)
- Transfer of management to other agent – £180 (ie. £150 + VAT)
- Abortive Tenancy Agreement – £180 (ie. £150 + VAT)
Where you decide not to proceed after agreeing to a tenant.
Unlike some agents, Chaffers Estate Agents do not make additional charges for preparing Tenancy Agreements or carrying out Inventories when setting up a new Tenancy.
- Full property management – 15%
Gillingham | Dorset
The Gillingham office is located in a prominent position in the centre of town. A wealth of local knowledge, filling you with confidence.
Call us on 01747 822233
Shaftesbury | Dorset
The Shaftesbury office is situated in the heart of this historic town with a prominent corner position. Tom and the team are waiting to help you.
Call us on 01747 852301
Wincanton | Somerset
The Wincanton office is located in a Grade II listed building on the Market Place close to the Post Office. Just inside the border of Somerset.
Call us on 01963 34433
Roy Barrett Branch
Sturminster Newton | Dorset
Chaffers Estate Agents acquired Roy Barrett in October 2016. Roy Barrett has been established since 1991. Call us on 01258 473900 for Sales, or 01258 475151 for Lettings